.

3.31.2010

Happy 30th Anniversary Mama & Daddy!

Warning: We are sappy over here today at Mommy Monologues.

My parents got married on March 31, 1980 (originally set for April 1 but they didn't think anyone would believe they had gotten married.) My father proposed on a Friday on campus at the university in the local town they were both going to law school. This particular spot on campus holds a special place in all of our hearts because it is the place where my grandfather picked my grandmother up for their first date (a blind date no less-61 years & strong too!), my father asked my mother to marry him there, & I took my bridal portraits there.

Anyways...he proposed on Friday, March 28 & one trip to Kmart for wedding bands & 3 days later, they were married at the courthouse (thus the reason they didn't do it on April 1, who would believe them with or without April Fools' Day attached to it?!) They had known each other since they were 9 years old, he drove my mother crazy, he was in-love with her always, & finally he won her over with much persistance, they dated six weeks & boom: MARRIED!......

Five children & 30 years later, my mother told me last week that when Daddy's pick-up truck pulls up in the driveway her heart still flutters. I just hope I will be half as happy in 30 years! I love y'all! Congratulations!!!

What awesome Love stories do you have to tell? Whose relationships do you admire or reference in your own life?
Not their wedding picture obviously, I couldn't find one on my comp. But this is them four years later with me around Wolverine's age-maybe a little younger.

7 Amazing Comments!:

Hannah said... Best Blogger Tips

I have always thought that your parent's story was very sweet! I am glad that they had known each other since they where 9. My parents met and married within 4 months. Tell your parents "Happy Anniversary" for me!

Odd side note: did you know that your parents married on my father's birthday?

Joanie Foster said... Best Blogger Tips

Look how gorgeous they are! I remember when i found out that they were married...I was completely bummed out because I thought your mom wouldn't take me to Baskin Robbins anymore. Little did I know that she picked such a good one...your dad put together Barbie houses and bikes for us, and he was so sweet when all my grade school friends developed crushes on him! Happy Anniversary, Byrds! Such a great story...

Gucci Mama said... Best Blogger Tips

I love hearing love stories like this!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Aren't the beautiful?! Gah, I can't ever get over how gorgeous Mama is! All my highschool friends had crushes on him too! Thanks for stopping by everyone!!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said... Best Blogger Tips

That's a lovely story! My parents have been married for 37 years - it does make you feel like long happy marriage is possible!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

i've tried five times to wish your parents a happy 30th anniversary! my computer hates me lol!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

JoeyRes: It does doesn't it? The most important lesson they taught me was that marriage is hard, work at it. Glad they did! And I'm glad you stopped by!

Ericka: Thanks! My internet is hating me tonight it's driving me nuts...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission