.

4.08.2010

My Green Thumb Woes

I told y'all on Tuesday that I was going to write about my green thumb woes (click here to read the warning.)

Background info on my house:

It sat in foreclosure for at least a year before we put an offer on it. So NOTHING was done anything in or outside of the house. The walls were primary yellow & green (ick!) We painted the entire inside of the house & after that it was move-in ready.

We moved in on May 2, 2009, I'm HUGE HUGE preggo at this point & in grad school still (made a 4.0 that semester too) needless to say we didn't have time to do anything then. On May 21 a cousin of mine & I went out to the flower bed & dug up lots & lots & lots of weeds, & at 7 am on the 22nd, I went into labor. Forty-three and a half hours later  Logan was born & all house projects were put on hold....FOREVER! ha Okay, just for a year....

So, here we are almost to the anniversary of our move in date & we now have the time, money, & energy to focus on the flower bed (A lady in the neighborhood out walking told me she couldn't wait for us to do something with it--I did almost slap her, but whatever...)




Things we are doing:

1. Getting rid of all the weeds (obviously)
2. Pulling up all the red border (did that yesterday) & the metal trim in the front (did that yesterday too)
3. Pulled up all the bulbs that the previous owners had planted (did that yesterday)
4. Putting down new paver stones! Can't wait!
5. Getting rid of all the garden rock
6. Pouring down new mulch

I would love to put in flowers & some extra color, pull out all the bushes & start over from scratch (I HATE our yellow bushes & I DESPISE our boxwoods!) But I'm going to have to keep it simple, because let's face it, I'm not a professional here.

Don't judge me on the pics peeps! And I'll definitely be putting up more pictures as things progress!!! I seriously can NOT wait to no longer be the reason home values are tanking have the worst front yard on the block! hahaha

6 Amazing Comments!:

Joanie Foster said... Best Blogger Tips

Cedar mulch covers a multitude of sins, girl! :)

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

haha so true! i'm literally buying 20 bags on saturday!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha i felt like scum when she said it lol

i can't wait to start a garden with logan! it's going to be so much fun! i'll prolly kill everything before anything grows, but oh well...at least i tried!

43 1/2 hours sucked! especially when the epidural didn't show up until hour 41 1/2! i was so ticked!

Melodramommy said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally feel your green thumb woes. First, it's one thing to come at gardening when you're really starting from scratch and battling weeds, then to add on being pregnant and a newborn later, well, our yard has greatly suffered from the full schedule that happens with kids as well. I've thought about planting some flowers, but the other part of me thinks its better to wait till next year. Potty training or Flower bed, I can only do one : )

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

Looking good! We inherited a huge garden and I didn't know what I was doing the first two years. Just practice...and get lots of advice from people who have more experienced green thumbs. It is a lot of work, isn't it? Just tackle a little by little and try not to let the neighbors get to you!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Laura-yes! That's exactly what happened with us! We are having to start from scratch & I am having to be patient learning how to not get my INSTANT GRATIFICATION! I like to thing to be done fast & this is going to take a few days/weeks...but at least it will be done!

Ashley: I'm hoping to add some flowers; I wasn't going to at first. But I think I am now--and I will need a lot of practice b/c I really have no idea what I'm doing! It is a lot lot lot of work! And very time consuming-I'll get it done one day! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission