.

5.05.2010

The Melodrama Mama has Arrived

And I don't mean me....not today at least!!!

INTRODUCING:

Laura @ Melodramommy! She writes letters to Mr. Poopie--this one almost made me pee my pants when I read it (Hubs thought I was insane because I was having hysteric fits at my computer.) She warns us all about Mommy Casualties. What Laura does best is capture the humor in motherhood & makes you proud to be a mama. So please give a round of applause to her & welcome her to Mommy Monologues!

Top Baby Sleep Fantasies Exposed

First I want to say I am honored to be guest posting today for Kate, who is a very special mommy blogging friend of mine. Kate is just one of those sincere, kind, people you can instantly connect with and relate to; not to mention that she has quite a talent for telling a good story about her mommy adventures all while lifting your spirit, making you laugh, cry, and know you’re not alone!


Well, after reading Kate’s post on her sleep challenges with Wolverine, I began realizing our cute little babies have been conspiring against us! I know, I know, how could that buttery-soft-melt-in-your-arms, little person who whispers that sweet little coo-coo-ka-choo in your ears possibly be involved in a conspiracy? The answer is simple, Mommy friends! Babies have some sleep fantasies of their own, and it’s time to expose them!


This epiphany actually struck me while I was on vacation at the beach, where I was forced to have baby sleep in my own bed. In my complete naiveté I actually thought this would be a sweet and snuggly experience. Big mistake!


All through a darkened night I dodged kicks from a 1YO who apparently was dreaming he was an acrobat and Mommy the trapeze. When he wasn’t swirling around the covers and flipping from head to toe, he was hacking a cough straight into my face. In my complete deliriousness, I thought it was delightful! That’s because I was simultaneously dreaming I was in the ocean being rocked by waves and tasting the salty ocean spray. You can imagine my horrified eyes when, after a jab in my ribs, I opened them to discover the droplets on my lips were NOT a welcomed kiss of ocean dew!
So what are our not-so-innocent babies dreaming about that keep us up all night long?

Here’s My List: Top Five Baby Sleep Fantasies Exposed
1.) Baby’s Gone Bowling: First and foremost is that dangerous baby head that baby manages to jerk up but has not learned how to control where it lands. Mommy thinks she’s about to get a kiss on the cheek but instead little does she know that baby is dreaming he’s a bowling ball, and mommy’s eye socket and nose are, yes, you’ve guessed it, the pins. Thus comes that solid 10-pound bowling ball at deadly speeds. This is how Mommy gets to see stars from INSIDE the bedroom!

2.) Mommy and the Beast: yes, you’ve seen those rodeo bull riders where the challenge is how long a man can cling on this wild beast’s back. The true test of courage, however, is how long a Mommy can endure sleeping next to a baby who believes he’s the wild bull. Baby has NOT forgotten about his umbilical cord from the womb, which he happens to believe is a rope that doesn’t need any rosin; he’s dreaming about tying a lasso of his own. So watch out Mommy! Baby is NOT about to be tamed!

3.) Wolverine in Training: Somehow, baby caught wind of the superhero fantasy. You thought when you and hubby were watching X-Men, baby was quietly playing or sleeping and couldn’t possibly be paying attention; but in reality, he was taking notes! Thus, one moment baby is snuggling up to mommy, the next, out extend those razor sharp baby nails. Mommy’s about to feel the burn of tiny scrape marks across her chest. Hey, just be thankful baby hasn’t yet watched Freddy Krueger!

4.) Baby and Goliath: Baby might be small, but he’s not to be intimidated by big “Ma-ma” snoring next to him. So that cough that you thought was just a little cold, well, baby is using that little dangling uvula in the back of his throat to create a sling-shot of his own. Yes, Mommy, keep your eyes closed, cause you’re about to be whipped in the face with a loogie!

5.) And what is the Ultimate Baby Sleep fantasy? Of course as I write this Toddler girl just woke up and is hungry! Or shall I say, “hungwee.” (Just sent her to see Daddy. That buys me a few more minutes). Oh, they don’t want me to reveal it. Oh, motherhood calls. Mommies, come visit me tomorrow, and find out.

You know what? It’s time for us Mommies to start a conspiracy of our own: We already know what Mommy fantasizes about: SLEEP! So the question now is how do we get babies out there to dream about sleeping on a private island (in their own cribs) so Kate and other mommies can get the rest they need? Leave a comment and let us know : )

Oh, and vote for Kate in the top mommy blogs by clicking to the right of this post! You can vote every day!
Posted by Laura

Thank you Laura! Go check her out @ Melodramommy! And I apologize for the annoying white higlighted area on her text! I accidentally did it & now it won't go away! GRRRR!!!

15 Amazing Comments!:

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Laura!!!

The Bama Gardener said... Best Blogger Tips

That is a really cute post :) I makes me smile! Happy Wednesday! Saying hello from SITS!

Melodramommy said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you kate! BTW I told hubby about the issues your facing with Wolverine wanting to fall asleep nursing. His advice is to let Wolverine latch on to daddy instead! He thinks the experience will change his mind that nipples are NOT necessary or an enjoyable sleep prop. Where was this advice when I was nursing!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said... Best Blogger Tips

Laura, that is HILARIOUS!! I can not even talk about sleep right now since my little one decided after 5.5 months of great sleeping, that sleep is overrated and unnecessary!! She went from 9-11 hours at night to waking every 1-2 and I do not think she is teething... Great post and can not wait to look through your site Kate (BTW-that is my daughter middle name)!!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Cindy for stopping by! And thanks for following! Bailey is beautiful! Your blog is so much fun! I can't wait to keep reading--and Kate is a great name! lol But be warned (if you didn't know already), we Kates are strong, independent women! My mom always says she picked Kate because she wanted a strong daughter, she just didn't know I'd be this hard-headed! lol

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips

This post is awesome! I'm so glad I have you in my google reader.

Happy Wednesday!

Alexia said... Best Blogger Tips

There's an award waiting for you on my blog. :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

You also have to remember that babies talk to each other and discuss the best ways to torture and torment us.

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Lois! Glad you stopped by!

Alexia: I'm heading over there to check it out! Thank you so much!

Emma: hahaha They prolly all have their own little blogs where they gather to write "Top Ways to Keep Mommy & Daddy up at Night"--I guarantee you Baby is a top contributor! lol

Lift Like A Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

This is tooooo funny!!! Great post!

Maureen said... Best Blogger Tips

ROFL what a brilliant and great post am so lovin' it! :D

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

love this post! nice job! :)

Melodramommy said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks all for commenting and thank you Kate again for the opportunity to share and your friendship! I can't wait to read your guest post for me this friday! And, wanted to say that I voted for you in the top mommy blogs! Woohoo!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the Melodrama Mama! She's pretty hilarious! Thanks for stopping by!

Jenn @ PersonalFitCoach said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my gosh. Too funny. Thanks for the giggle this morning. Stopping by from SITS.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission