.

6.03.2010

Oh my gosh--my neck! Part 2



Did you know that if your neck muscles are in SEVERE pain then your life is going to be pretty craptastic until they are all better again?!

I told you about yesterday and how I woke up and was not able to move at all! And it didn't get any better....

I had several people tell me that I needed to go to a massage therapist (Thank you Jessica & Stephanie.) I would have never thought of that had they not said anything. I happened to have a gift card to a place here in town. I hobbled my way to the car, cried, shrieked, wept tears of sheer pain winced my way into the car, and drove over there.

I cried while trying to get on the table, I cried when the massage therapist touched me, & I knew it was bad when she said, "Oh my goodness. I have never had a client with muscles this bad or in this much pain. You need some medical help!" Awesome, thumbs up, good to hear. She told me that my back muscles were in such bad shape from carrying around my 25 lb giant child that they had thrown my neck into crisis.

After an hour in there with her I could slightly move my head to the right, still couldn't move it the left, & could sort of get of the table with some (not a lot) dignity.

Y'all, I played two college sports, have been a runner my entire life, survived 41 hours of epidural free labor (the no epidural thing was not my choice) & I have NEVER, EVER been in this much pain before!

And to cap off the day, my electricity went out---which I'll give another thumbs up to or maybe just my middle finger!

But the amazing part of the day was my husband! All I had to do was ask him to stay home & he handled everything--all the feeding, all the diaper changing, stroller pushing, nap traning, bathing, playing, etc with Lboy. Does that make him a Domesticated Diva? :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under construction! Don't judge the mess!

If you would like to be a Friday Featurette email me at mymommymonologues@gmail.com,

15 Amazing Comments!:

Corinne Cunningham said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh you poor thing!! I hope you get some relief soon! And props to your hubby :)

Debbi said... Best Blogger Tips

That makes him a wonderful hubby! Good job to him! It's wonderful to know you have that support, isn't it? Get yourself to the doctor! and keep us updated!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Well most importantly of all that makes him a good hubby :)

Find yourself a chiropractor-a good one that will take xrays before he begins work! Don't go to one that doesn't do that!!!!!!!!!! I can't say that enough. My husband did that and walked out with 2 herinated discs and worse than when he walked in.

Or if you have access to one find an inversion table! I bought my husband one a few months ago and it works wonders. If you know someone who has one see if you can use it or you can get them for as little as about $100. It takes all the pressure off your spine and stretches you out-takes a while to get used to the feeling but oh so glorioius!

Southern Reflexions said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so sorry about your neck!! I will have my post to you by today, I promise!! :o)

The Mrs. said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great hubby!!!!!

I hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Milk it for all its worth!!

Hope you get better soon.

ericka @ alabaster cow said... Best Blogger Tips

woah things are looking different over here! hope you feel better kate! :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

We have an inversion table (buried somewhere in the storage container) but it seemed to do wonders for my mom... it really lets you loosed up and stretch those muscles!

Sonora said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great husband! I'm so glad he is around and willing to help you. I am impressed at the 41 hours of epidural free labor, by choice or not, it is still impressive. I hope you feel better soon!

litanyofbritt said... Best Blogger Tips

OUCH! Been there. You have my sympathies!

liz said... Best Blogger Tips

wow. i really can't imagine a pain that bad! have you ever tried chiropractic?

Melodramommy said... Best Blogger Tips

I am praying for you. I am sooooo sorry you are in so much pain. I hope it is better today : ) Love to you. Yay for hubby helping.

Maureen said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww Kate, hope the massage will help and you'll feel better! If it wasn't because of massages I don't think I could even pick up my 40 pounds boy anymore. Sending you big big hugs! Oh btw, ditto with Liz maybe chiropractor will help too? Kudos to your hubby!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said... Best Blogger Tips

now that's pretty bad pain...i did 3 out of the 4 kids drug free and yes it hurts.

as for ur neck...did it get fixed?

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks everyone!

I'm still really sore, but it's a lot better now & almost back to normal! I can get out of my bed again without needing someone to lift me! haha The massage therapist told me that I need to been seen by someone at least twice a month--a massage twice a month doesn't sound bad to me!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission