.

8.30.2010

This Thing Called Motherhood-A repost

This is one of my favorite posts! I actually had a different topic for today titled "Jumping to Conclusions is Dangerous"--expect that tomorrow-- but I was looking through my old posts and saw this one. It made me smile! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Happy Monday Folks!

Motherhood is...

Falling in love with baby from the very beginning...

  Getting excited over a diaper bag (who knew they could be so exciting?!)...

 Meeting for the very first time...

Telling your dad you named your son after him & crying when you did it...

Bringing Baby home & being nervous about how to take care of him...

Dressing Baby in style (hello Ralph Lauren)...

 Multitasking...

 Introducing Baby to his great-grandmother...

Loving it when he's asleep...

 Celebrating Holidays...

 Documenting Every.Single.Thing (like First Snows...)

 And the First time he eats solid foods...

Motherhood is...

Telling them "No!", even when they don't like it & neither do you, but knowing it's for the best...

Constant Cleaning...

 Introducing them to a bigger world through books & learning...even if they just chew on them!

Motherhood is...

Precious!

Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day Weekend! I'm glad to be a part of the "Motherhood!" 

16 Amazing Comments!:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice. It is good to stop and reflect on what has been every now and then.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Very sweet!!! You have a beautiful son.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said... Best Blogger Tips

awwww sweet repost!!!

liz said... Best Blogger Tips

i would cry, too, if i had named either of our kids after someone. that's a huge honor!

Hannah said... Best Blogger Tips

That is really sweet!! I love it Kate! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I remember this post!!!!

Love the part about your dad :)

Cyrene said... Best Blogger Tips

Loved this post! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. :)

Sammy said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this post, so glad I stopped by your blog today! Makes me even more excited for when my little boy will be born! :)

MrsHull said... Best Blogger Tips

So touching. Thank you for sharing.

Kerri said... Best Blogger Tips

What a darling child! Oh I miss when Jacob was that little! {sigh} They grow TOO fast!!

Corinne Cunningham said... Best Blogger Tips

So, so sweet :)

Joey Lynn Resciniti said... Best Blogger Tips

Such adorable pictures and memories! It is good to get beyond eating the books.

MommaKiss said... Best Blogger Tips

Sigh.
Such a great trip down memory lane. I should remember the little things more.

Shelby Bukhenik said... Best Blogger Tips

Motherhood is a crazy thing that changes you forever! Great post!

Natalie said... Best Blogger Tips

Ah, all so true...such a sweet post! But the most true? Constant cleaning - it's never ending!!

Ashley O. said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE it! I totally teared up!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission