Meet Carrie! She's pretty awesome, she's an MD, she's wicked smart & I love her blog posts! I think one of my favorites is her post titled Why I can't tell you this story about confidentiality to her patients as a doctor but wanting to tell a story as a blogger...very interesting!
Without further ado...
Hello ROMM (Readers of Mommy Monologues)! I am Carrie from The Doctor Mom and I am happy to be featured this Friday! Kate asked me to address the following 3 things at the top of my post so here goes...
Without further ado...
Hello ROMM (Readers of Mommy Monologues)! I am Carrie from The Doctor Mom and I am happy to be featured this Friday! Kate asked me to address the following 3 things at the top of my post so here goes...
1. What is my favorite 'must read' blog?
Due to my work schedule, I am not necessarily reading or commenting on blogs daily. But, in general, I try to check in with Ivy League Insecurities and Motherlode (New York Times) daily. I also tend to scour the Internet incessantly looking for the latest and greatest subjects for my blog.
2. What is the blogging tip I swear by?
Well, first off, I need to say that I am fairly new to blogging. I starting blogging consistently about 1 year ago, and due to my hectic family and work schedule, have never been an avid commenter on others blogs until now. I know that this is an important way to expand my fan base, but every time I attempt to comment my thoughts are interrupted. Hence, I haven't made a ton of blogging friends (in fact, Kate may be my first.)
I, however, am not short on advice and have given myself my own sort of blogging tips. I have promised myself that I will not allow my own perfectionism to stand in the way of my writing. I have tried to stick with my commitment to write about once a week, but I (try) not to beat myself up too much if I don't post that often. I also have realized that every post does not have to be a masterpiece; just written, insightful and thought provoking. Only occasionally will a post move mountains (ha).
3. What is your favorite blog post?
The following is a link to my (one of) my favorite posts. There are a few reasons I love this post. First, it may be the reason that I started blogging. I had the idea in my head for a while, and when I went to put the pen to the paper on the subject, the writing just flowed. I was very proud of the way I was able to express myself in this way, and after I wrote this, I realized that writing in this way may be something I could learn to love. Also, fairly quickly after writing this post, it was published to the mommy website LilSugar and that helped to increase my audience.

3 Amazing Comments!:
Oooh, loving the DoctorMom blog! Nothing like starting Friday morning off with a great new blog to add to my reader :)
Linds
What a tremendous honor to be mentioned as one of Carrie's morning stops! (Her blog is great.) Particularly moved that I am mentioned in the same sentence with Lisa Belkin's Motherlode. Thanks, Carrie! And Kate - great post. Thrilled to have found my way here to your words.
Yeah! I love reading Carrie's post. It's an interesting perspective to hear from: wearing the two hats of doctor AND mom!
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!