.

1.19.2011

When you get married you learn to say Yes

When you get married you say Yes a lot.....

You say Yes...

To Bad Habits

To creating Life.

To in-laws.

To finances.

To a past.

To mistakes.

To their opinions; alike & different.

To their attitudes.

To morning breath.

To their non-morning personalities.

To their humor.

To things you do not like.

To glamour.

To not so glamorous things.

To selfishness & selflessness.

To learning how to be vulnerable.

To compromise.

To learning how to forgive easily & quickly.

To learn how to ask for Forgiveness.

To re-creating their attitudes & personalities in children.

To their cleaning habits.
       
To differences in taste.

To similarities is taste.

To similar goals.

To different goals.

You say Yes to hopes & dreams.
    
When you make those vows, be it in front of a JP at a courthouse or in a church in front of 450 people, you make some serious promises.

On the day Todd & I went ring shopping I couldn't even get the ring on because my hand was shaking so hard because that commitment, that one shot deal, was such a huge leap in faith.

I'm glad I did it.

Thank you Todd for asking me to be your wife.





*This is an edited re-post from a year ago.*

1 Amazing Comments!:

Kate Collings said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw I so relate to this post (although we arent married yet - I have the ring but no date yet). I think that being together and being commited, especially having a child together, means as much as marraige in some ways. I have to remind myself that when I get angry with Doo for his not so attractive qualities that I love him regardless and his good qualities out weigh his bad (most of the time lol). xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission