.

2.11.2011

You Know you're a Theta Mom When....

Hello! And thank you so much for stopping by my little space on the Internet! Today feels like 100% like Christmas morning! I am beyond excited that Heather asked me to be her Theta Mom Featured Blogger--I'm pretty sure she heard me shrieking of excitement from 1500 miles away when I opened her email!

I hope that you will like me enough to look me up on twitter or facebook, subscribe via Google Connect, email, or my RSS feed so I can get to know more of the amazing women who "gather" at Heather's place! But most of all, I hope you'll leave a comment so I can visit your blog!

And without further ado....a humorous & fun take on....

You Know You're a Theta Mom When...
Your son has been sick for a week. He has screamed the entire time. You have no idea what's wrong & you are at your wits end! The only thing that makes him remotely happy & will get him to nap is a car ride. You look like a mess, I mean a MESS. You don't care. You leave the house anyways. As you are driving down the street you are muttering to yourself, "Please, Lord, don't let me run into someone I know...no I take that back...please don't let me run into an actual human being, I look HEINOUS." Because you know at the bottom of your heart you know that your attire screams "It's okay for you to judge me, because quite honestly I'm judging myself."

Your carpets shout "We need Stanley Steamer!" at you on daily basis. You shout back "What's the point?!"

When people ask you how your kid is doing, you start rattling off his recent stats from his latest wellness check up. Said person's eyes glaze over right about the time you start telling them about your kid's head circumference. It's at that moment you realize you have become ones of those obnoxious parents & that the person really just wanted to hear "He's fine" or "He's good" or maybe they would have been happy with an exuberant "He's great!"

But you see, it's important that people know your child's head circumference because it's indicative of the fact that he's a prodigy. You are positive your child will win a Nobel Peace Prize, speak 5 languages, cure cancer, and win at least 3 Olympic Gold Medals, in 3 different categories...all before his 18th birthday.

It has been forever that you spent some money on you in a very long time because you have been so focused on your child's needs (and wants) before your own. So, you finally splurged on something for YOURSELF! You bought the ultimate Carrie Bradshaw shoes (on a budget of course) & the first time you got to wear them it felt amazing to feel fashionable again!

Do you ever have mom moments like these?
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you sooo much for stopping by today! If you don't know who Heather is, click on the cute, button below to read all about her! You'll love Theta Mom I promise!


26 Amazing Comments!:

Theta Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG! "You know you are a Theta Mom when it has been forever that you spent some money on you in a very long time because you have been so focused on your child's needs (and wants) before your own." <-----Amen sister!!

I am *loving* this post! What a great way to introduce yourself (and your awesome personality) to your readers mama!

Hope you meet tons of new peeps today b/c I think you rock!
xoxo

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a hilarious post! I am not yet a mommy (trying) but I love reading posts from moms. Oh, and the pic is hilarious....I guess I don't have much of an excuse when I look like that though! :o

tiarasandtrucks said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your feature day! This is a hilarious post (as is the pregnant/fat post below). I'm so glad I wandered over from Theta Mom :)

By Word of Mouth Musings said... Best Blogger Tips

I remember those early days, when its imperative that the baby is bathed and changed before your hub gets home - so they are wearing a different outfit and you look like you did something that day!
I follow you already ... but HUGE congrats on your feature.
Heather is something special :)

Amandablogs said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my word...yes, yes, and yes, I have had those moments! Being a SAHM is one of the most challenging roles anyone can fill, but its also one of the most rewarding. Visiting from ThetaMom...enjoy your day!

jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your feature day, can I say yes to everything you said in this post? Love it. I can't help but picturing you trying to get those great heels on over the gorgeous striped socks you are sporting in your first pick. THAT would be an outfit.

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said... Best Blogger Tips

It never seems to fail...those times when I run to the grocery store late at night, just to restock the essentials...of course I bump into folks I used to work with. The funny thing is, many of them don't recognize me! I tell myself it's because I'm outside their frame of reference, but I'm sure the ponytail and sweatshirt have something to do with it, too. If it's someone I would really like to catch up with, I might make eye contact (if I'm feeling confident in my sweatshirt). But other times, I just move right along to the other side of the banana display. :)

Kelly said... Best Blogger Tips

Yeah! Congrats on your TMC Day!! Heather always picks those that rock...and you are certainly following suit!! :)

It is true, isn't it? As moms we tend to put off special things for ourselves-and it does feel awesome when we do treat ourselves (to some rockin' shoes or an outfit!)
I can't tell you how many times I have gone out of the house wishing that my path steers clear of anyone I know...but it NEVER happens! Haha!

Congrats again, and so glad to meet you!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, I've been there. We've all been there. Nevermind the days when I can't find time to take a shower and how I'm late every where I go because the baby either poops or spits up on me as we walk out the door. At least we're in it together!

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

WooHoo!! Congrats on your TMC Day!!

Love the shoes! It's great being a mom but absolutely tiring sometimes! I think we've all had moments where we just don't care what we look like!

Me moments are incredible! Grab those whenever you can! I know I do... I have to just to keep my sanity in check!

Congrats again!

Bonnie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh yes, we have had days like that! Congratulationson your TMC Day, looking forward to checking out your blog!

Mel @ Table for Two and a Half said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on being profiled today. I can loudly reply YES! to each of your examples, all except the last, sadly. Momma really does need to buy herself that new Tory Burch bag, soon. :)

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said... Best Blogger Tips

Cheers on you TM feature! Looks like you've built such a lovely place here, my friend! I look forward to getting to know you more - from what I've read so far, you are so 'my people!'

~h

Liz said... Best Blogger Tips

That picture is PRICELESS!!!

Oh, Kate - you are just THAT much more fabulous for posting that photo! :)

arms wide open said... Best Blogger Tips

congrats on being featured! love that photo. CLASSIC!

Niki @ Born4thislife.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy TMC day!!! :)

Rachel Sullivan said... Best Blogger Tips

Amen! I actually used Tuesday's "mother's day out" to do something non-productive. Got a mani/pedi for the first time in 6 months (and the manicure was the first time in 7 YEARS). Messed it up within 2 hours, but it was so worth it. I'm still riding the high of having 2 hours of non-child/household time to myself.

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your list of "you know you're a theta mom when"... So cute! And I would be one of "those" people whose eyes glaze over when parents tell me what percentile their child falls in. (yeah, like any single girl know what that means!?!) :)

Happy Theta Mom Day! :)

shelly said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your feature! I have had mom moments like that. I haven't gotten out of sweatshirts and maternity jeans since my baby was born 8 weeks ago. lol Great blog!

shellthings said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your Theta Mom feature!

Chic Homeschool Mama said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh man have I been there a time or two (or maybe too many to count- is that bad??!) :) Totally feelin' ya on this one. So happy to have found you through Theta Mom.

Karen @ Time Crafted said... Best Blogger Tips

I keep meaning to sign up with Theta Mom...gotta get to it! :>

Congrats on Your day! :> And yes, you said it....I think we've all been there at one point or another. There's the days I have a baseball cap on, riding uber low on my brow just to avoid humanity. So, thanks for putting it out there...putting out there what so many of us have experienced!

Annnnnddd....hope everyone in your house gets healthy soon!!! :>

Nolie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh Congratulations! I love the picture. I don't drive but I remember one night at 3 am the only way to get my son to sleep was for us to go out for a card ride. We loaded up on coffee and went driving for an hour.

Branson Merrill said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your TMC feature! Nice to "meet" you! =)

Jade @ No Longer 25 said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations on being the TMC featured blogger! I'm not a mom yet but hopefully will be on day in the future.

Have a lovely valentines day!
Jade

Elizabeth Flora Ross said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay, Kate, for being the featured TMC blogger! I loved you before, but I have a whole new respect for you after reading this and seeing the pic. :) Hope this week has been much better for you!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission