.

6.29.2010

Alice @ Life with Vivian

I would like to introduce to you the lovely Alice from Life with Vivian! She is an honorary Featurette because she is helping me out this week! Thank you Alice!

Summer Memories

When I look back on my summers as a child, I never have anything but fond memories.

My mom always worked through the summers. Even though she was a teacher, a few of the teachers did not get the summer off. It would have been great if she could have been home with me, but even though she couldn’t be, she always made my summers special.

For a couple of summers my Grandmother watched me. We would play cards together and she never complained about watching Nick Jr. (yeah…I was like, 8) or Animal Planet with me. She even had some neighbor kids around my age that had a pool and a tree house. I’d go over there and play sometimes. But my most favorite thing was playing with her dog, Miss B.

The next few summers, I was able to spend at my mom’s school with her. They were not very busy during the summer and I loved being able to play on the computers there. I even made a pretty good friend. Another teacher had a daughter the same age as me and we always had a good time.

There are also plenty of memories of swimming with my BFF, playing outside, going to the park, and my mom fixing us tuna fish sandwiches on Saturdays. I love remembering my summers as a child. I hope that I can make Vivian’s summers just as fun, so that one day she can look back on memories just as fond as mine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Alice!

4 Amazing Comments!:

Theta healing said... Best Blogger Tips

Theta Healing can empower people to move forward in life more positively. It is important to remember though that conscious chatter needs to be checked and where necessary re-framed, as a person will of course get into habits of negative thinking over time which need to be rectified
Theta healing

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I remember spending my summers at the local pool :) great memories.

Grace said... Best Blogger Tips

Why do tuna sandwiches taste better when you're out in the sunshine? Thanks for reminding me of why I love summer so much!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Alice for writing over here today!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission