.

6.30.2010

Alpha Mom Days + Beta Mom Days = Theta Mom Life


The other day with Lboy was hard. He had been screaming non-stop. I seriously think it was just because he was bored. I was exhausted because I was trying to get a lot done in a short amount of time. I was stressed because I was getting nothing done because he was so grumpy.

I had been trying to get to the grocery store for hours! It literally took me from the time we woke up at 6:00 until 3 that afternoon to FINALLY make it there. At one point Lboy had thrown food from the buggy--food in glass jars that shattered into a million pieces, I was trying to gather up everything as fast as I could because Lboy practically SCREAMED the entire time. He eventually figured out how to unhook himself from the buggy straps, stood up in the seat & almost peter panned it right out of the cart. So there I am, frazzled even more because I almost had a humpty dumpty child on my hands but I finally make it to the check out counter--where there were about 5 people in front of me who looked like they were buying a month's worth of food (I only had about 25 items) and that's when I happen to notice what I look like.

It was obvious I hadn't looked in the mirror at all that day. I was still in exercise clothes because taking a shower is absolutely not in Lboy's rule book, my hair is going every which way thanks to 100% humidity or some crap like that, & I realize that I have baby food caked all over my shirt & shorts. And that was my Beta Mom moment. It was.not.fun.

I feel like my Alpha Mom moments are far & few between, but I know I absolutely have them. I love the days where everything feels seamless. Like the day I had right before the day I described up above. We woke up at 6:00, we were dressed & at the park by 7:30, I got a 45 minute run in while my AMAZINGLY CALM son sat in his stroller & just happily watched the world go by. After the park we went home, I begged, pleaded & bribed Lboy into letting me take a shower. He wasn't happy about it, but I got in there & outta there super fast, he was happy again. I was able to fix my hair, put on makeup, feed Lboy, go out to lunch with Todd, come home & play in the backyard, declutter the den, make my bed, cook supper, have the baby in bed at 7:00, wrote a few blog posts, took the dog for a walk, and was in bed by 9:30. Oh, that was an amazing Alpha Mom Day!!!

And that's why I'm proud to be a Theta Mom! I know that there are difficult days, I know that there are great days, & I know that there are in between days. I know that there are going to be days when I'm going to be pooped on (like today), days that I'm going to have nothing but hugs & kisses from my little man, days where I'm going to veg on the couch in a zombie like stupor because I was up 20 straight hours with a sick kid, days where I am going to feel helpless, days where I'm going to feel absolutely sorry for myself, but those days will always be worth it knowing that the smiles coming from a cute little face with big blue eyes that stare at me like I'm the most wonderful being in the whole world make it totally worth walking around the grocery store looking like a complete hobo!

I'm proud to be a Theta Mom & I'm proud to celebrate Heather's 1 Year Blogoversary this week!!! Thank you Heather & Congratulations!!!

9 Amazing Comments!:

Angie@Dear Sydney said... Best Blogger Tips

My Alpha moments are few and far between to say the LEAST! But you are right, everything is worth it when you get those perfect little smiles from you're little one.

Theta Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

Girl, you said it best when a Theta Mom IS a combo of the two: I am an Alpha Mom and a Beta Mom which makes me a Theta Mom - and you sure are one, too!

Thanks so much for sharing and linking up!

Shelby Bukhenik said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I think EVERY mom is a theta mom...there is no way everyday could be an alpha day or you are LYING to yourself haha! Alpha days definitely make the Beta days easier to handle!

SZM said... Best Blogger Tips

Gonna keep striving the be a Theta Mom!

Chelle said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL that is me EVERY 2 weeks when I have to go to the Commy with 4 kids in tow, a husband on duty sending me a thousand text messages and the other mad women with their kids.

MommaKiss said... Best Blogger Tips

Pretty sure people who think they're Alpha every day are delusional. I so feel your Beta moments. I'm currently living a Beta life. Working. Single Momma'ing it. Dealing with being sick. The constant power struggles w/ the boys. Wanting to discipline but love them at the same time. Ain't easy. At all.

Sherri said... Best Blogger Tips

Love it! My Alpha Mom times are sometimes short and sweet, before I revert back to Beta Mom....but it sure keeps me going!

Corinne Cunningham said... Best Blogger Tips

:)
Paige broke a glass jar of roasted peppers in oil a week ago in the store... I was mortified... it's so not fun!
Those Alpha mom moments are wonderful, but yes, the rest makes us good mommies too :)

Maureen said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a fantastic post! I feel you completely - sometimes I see these Alpha Moms here who seems like they never miss an hour of their beauty sleep while my dark circles can be spotted miles away LOL but whether we're Alpha Mom or Beta Mom what matters most are the love that beams out of our kiddos. :D

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I love to write back. Somedays my dictator aka my toddler won't let me. But I will try to get back to you ASAP!!! If you are wanting a blog design please visit my Contact Me Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2009-2011 Mommy Monologues
Do not copy ANY content without permission